The soldiers of The Ghost Army used inflatable tanks, sound effects, and imagination to fool the Germans on the battlefields of Europe. The unsung heroes of the 23rd Headquarters Special Troops and the 3133rd Signcal Company Special saved thousands of lives and helped win the war, but their efforts were kept secret forn fifty years and have yet to be officially recognized. The mission of The Ghost Army Legacy Project is to preserve and honor the legacy of these men.
- To build and curate a comprehensive Ghost Army archive
- To conduct and support new research into the unit
- To raise public awareness about the unit’s unique accomplishments
- To lobby Congress to grant the unit a Congressional Gold Medal
- To develop Ghost Army exhibits and other educational materials
Now and Then
Ask your U.S. Senators and Representatives to co-sponsor the Ghost Army of WWII Congressional Gold Medal Bill (HR 2701 in the House, S 1256 in the Senate). Find your Senator here and your Representative here.
You can help preserve the legacy of this unit by making a tax-deductible* donation.
Or you can donate by mailing a check to:
Ghost Army Legacy Project
190 Bridge St, #4409
Salem, MA 01970
*The Ghost Army Legacy Project is a non-profit charitable organization registered in Massachusetts. We have filed Form 1023 with the IRS and expect to be granted tax-exempt status, making donations tax deductible.